Country side villa
LA TERRAZZA SULLA TOSCANA’ is a farmhouse for sale in Umbria/Prestigious farmhouse in Umbria for sale. Nestled within the hills of Umbria, with a panoramic view of nearby Tuscany, is this completely renovated prestigious farmhouse on offer for sale. Spread over three levels, it is about 500 square metres in size that also includes a shed, a 12 x 6m. swimming pool with water heating system and a large well-maintained landscaped garden of approximately 1 ha, with a tennis court / football pitch, and about 80 olive trees.
This prestigious property is situated in the green countryside between Umbria and Tuscany, with a panoramic view stretching from the Tuscan towns of Chianciano, Montepulciano, Sarteano, to the Amiata and Cetona. The nearest village, about 2 km away, is Porto, which is part of the municipality of Castiglione Del lago, which in turn is only 10 km away, where you can find all local amenities. The famous art cities of Perugia, Cortona, Assisi, Siena, Arezzo, Florence and Rome are all within easy reach. In about 40 minutes, you can reach the important Etruscan cities of Chiusi, Montepulciano, Pienza and the Val d’Orcia, as well as the thermal spas of San Casciano, Bagno Vignoni and Chianciano Terme. Chiusi Chianciano Terme train station is located 12 km away while Perugia International Airport is about 40 km from the property. Rome is only about an hour and a half away, while Florence can be reached in little more than an hour. To reach the farmhouse from Castiglione Del Lago you continue for about 7 km in the direction of Porto then continue to Mugnanese and then finally along a short country road of just 400 metres.
Castiglione del Lago is one of “The Most Beautiful towns in Italy”. It stands on a limestone outcrop that was originally the fourth largest island in the lake but, following the lowering of the water level and the emergence of an alluvial plain, finally took the current configuration. This fertile plain area, corresponding to the old flooded lake is bordered on the west by a series of hills that mark the border with Tuscany. In addition to the water related activities, such as beaches, surfing, sailing, water skiing, etc.., it also boasts a public swimming pool, tennis courts, a charming path that winds down to the lake below the castle, a where you can sense the monuments of the Middle Ages and the great charm of the Renaissance.
It is just a few miles from this historic town that the prestigious farmhouse for sale is located. The property boasts a total gross area of approximately 500 square metres, spread over three floors.
– In the basement there is: a large garage, laundry area, a large living room with plumbing etc installed for the creation of a kitchen, a cellar, a storage cupboard and utility room.
– On the first floor, with access from both internal and external staircase, are:
The main entrance, a spacious and bright living room with fireplace and dining room of 70 square metres, with a splendid view of the Tuscan hills, brick style kitchen with second fireplace, a pantry and a bathroom. In the sleeping area there are two bedrooms, each with its own terrace, and an additional bathroom.
– On the second floor, there are three bedrooms, each with a small balcony, with one en suite bedroom, plus a second bathroom.
– Close to the prestigious farmhouse, there is also a small wooden tool shed;
– To complement this luxurious property there is also a panoramic 12 x 6m heated swimming pool that means it can be enjoyed all year round. The swimming pool is accessed via a beautiful brick path that winds down from the farmhouse. There is also a large brick barbeque, a fully fenced landscaped garden of approximately 1 hectare, complete with a tennis court/ football pitch, fruit trees and 80 olive trees. The property is accessed via an electric gate.
* property locations on the map are not always accurate but are meant to give you an approximate location!